31 January, 2015
How to Cook Coconut Ladoo
There are many ways of coconut ladoo. But here is a 4 step recipe which if you follow, can let you make and enjoy delicious coconut ladoo in a few minutes.
You can make them almost anytime and anywhere and enjoy them alone or with friends as a sweet snack or a as an after dinner dessert. Even when the guests drop in unannounced you can surprise them by making this yummy dish in a jiffy.
The ingredients you need are:
- Fresh Grated coconut 350 grams
- Condensed Milk ( 400 grams tin)
- 50 grams of milk powder
- Ghee – 1 Table soon
- Cardamom Powder – 1 pinch
- Heat a thick bottomed pan (kadai), put 3/4 of grated coconut with ghee for a minute and roast it for a minute.
- Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and Milk powder into the pan and mix well.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once heated, cook on a slow fire till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the kadai for approx 5 minutes, remove from fire
- Add cardamom powder and let it cool (5 to 10 minutes).
- Cool and roll into laddoos with oiled hands.
- Roll in the reserved grated coconut so that the dry powder coats well onto the laddus.