4 October, 2014
How to cook Vegetable Stir Fry
There are very recipes which have all the goodness of taste and yet are healthy and nutritious. One such is Vegetable Stir Fry. If you have eaten them before then you will recall how yummy, crunchy, delicious this preparation is. Yet it so easy and fast to cook it. At the same time you have a lot of flexibility in terms of what goes in.
So here is the recipe but before that you need to puttogether what goes in.
- White or Green Cabbage
- More vegetable of your choice if you want them
- Bean Sprouts
- Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of any cooking oil
- Green Chili
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame seeds
- Green leafed vegetable (of your choice)
- Beans etc…
- Slice all your vegetables thinly. It would be nice if you can cut them all in the same size.
- Mince Chilli, garlic and ginger and keep them separately.
- Pre-heat the wok (or skillet or kadahi or frying pan) first and then when it’s hot, add little oil followed by garlic, ginger and chili stir fry it for few seconds.
- Add more oil in your wok and heat until it’s really hot.
- Add the vegetable
- Add a little soy sauce to your taste, keeping in mind that the sauce is salty and you may like to add some table salt also.
- Cook them at heat high.
- Keep stirring for 5 to 10 minutes, ensure that the vegetables are crunchy!
- You may like to add a few drops of sesame oil while it’s cooking – this gives it a more authentic Chinese flavour.
- Serve immediately
You can add little bit of water to your vegetable stir fry. But don’t put too much water because it will steam your vegetable instead of frying.