17 January, 2015
Delicious Achari Gobhi
Are you looking for a different Gobhi (Cauliflower)recipe which tastes yummy?
Let us try achari gobhi which is not only different fromm regular gobhi ki sabzi but is delicious too. You can make it with the regular ingredients plus some basic ingredients that are used to make pickles.
Ingredients you will require
- Cauliflower 1 medium
- Onion 1 medium
- Mustard oil, 50 ml
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds, crushed1 teaspoon
- Onion seeds (kalonji) 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies 3
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt 3/4 cup
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- A pinch of hing
- Some curry leaves
- Chop onions. Heat mustard oil in a non-stick pan up to its smoking point. Dim the flame.
- Separate the cauliflower into large florets. Wash them well, then put them in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds and then transfer it to cold water.
- Heat oil again, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, crushed cumin seeds, onion seeds and asafoetida and sauté till the seeds start crackling. Now add red and green chillies.
- Add onion and sauté till translucent. Add cauliflower florets, turmeric powder and salt. Chop green chillies and add. Sprinkle some water and toss to mix well, and cook on slow flame.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for a minute. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and yogurt. Mix well. Cover and cook till the cauliflower is done.
- Now heat a little mustard oil in a pan, dissolve hing in it and scald the curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering over the gobhi. Sprinkle the lime juice over the dish.
Achari gobhi is now ready Serve hot, garnished with coriander sprigs